Right now the east coast is is a deep freeze after being pummeled with snow and I cannot think of anywhere I would rather be more than on a beach somewhere! Lucky for me, we’re actually packing to get on a plane for a wedding in Costa Rica so more than just thinking about rays of sunshine, I actually get to pack for it, and here are a few things at the top of my list!
Marysia Swim Antibes Scallop Bikini
Vince Camuto Aqua Dress
Tory Burch Savu Tunic
Welcome to Peonies & Prosecco, a sparkly refuge from the realities of daily life, dedicated to living well and finding glamour in the everyday. The name was inspired by a couple of my favorite things that conjour up thoughts of parties, pampering, and delight so what would be a better way to get this party started and celebrate the start of a new year than with a sparkly cocktail? Cin cin!
SPARKLING GINGER PROSECCO by West Elm
1 ounce sliced peeled fresh ginger
¼ cup granulated sugar for ginger syrup
- Simmer peeled fresh ginger with ¼ cup of the granulated sugar in ⅔ cup of water for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and steep for 15 minutes.
- Strain and chill until cold.
½ cup granulated sugar for candied ginger
2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- Finely grind the crystallized ginger with ½ cup of granulated suager in a blender or food processor.
Sparkling Ginger Prosecco
lemon wedges for rimming the glasses
- Rim champagne coupes or flutes with lemon wedges and dip rim in candied ginger to coat.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of cold ginger syrup into each rimmed glass and top with 6 ounces of prosecco
Continue reading “Getting the Party Started” →